May Favourites

By Nikoleta Ljuljdjuraj - 4:44 PM



Hello my lovelies,

It feels like forever since I’ve written up a favourites post. May was a pretty quiet month for new beauty favourites. Here are some of my favourites from the month.

Thin Lizzy 7 Piece Loose Minerals Starter Kit in Light* – The brushes are SO soft and work so well, probably the highlights of the set strangely enough. The loose foundations were really great in their own right – even for someone like me who is fairly uninitiated when it comes to anything other than liquid. The Professional Powder was darker than expected but worked well to sculpt my face and the Airbrush Veil is becoming a favourite to set other foundations too. The concealer was less than impressive, thus why it’s not pictured here, but 6 out of 7 ain’t bad!

L’Oreal Brow Artist Plumper in Light/Medium – I’m sure it comes as no surprise to anyone that read this post that this product made it into my favourites. I’m normally a complete noob when it comes to doing my brows but this product has definitely been helping them look a little closer to ‘on fleek’.

Essence Eyeshadow in Hazel Me Not* – Another one that’s probably unsurprising. It’s been getting a serious workout all month long and there’s no signs of slowing down. It’s that extra little step that adds a bit more definition and depth to my eye looks and I’m loving it.

BareMinerals Well Rested For Eyes – I didn’t quite get this product when I first picked it up but I’ve found myself reaching for it more and more to set my undereyes and add a teensy bit of brightening to the area. I can imagine it doing an even better job of brightening on someone a little darker than me but for me, the main draw is in the setting of the area – it’s made a huge difference to the state of my concealer by the end of the day.

Covergirl Colourlicious Lip Gloss in Berrylicious – I wore this almost non-stop for most of April and the beginning of May, no joke. It’s the throw-it-on option when I’ve been in a rush and the colour is seriously so perfect, just a little more berry and pink than my natural lip colour but it makes me look so done up. I’ve been layering it almost obsessively over whatever’s been on my lips because the whole range (I have three) are so comfortable to wear.

Essence XXXL Nude Lip Gloss in Taste The Sweets* – Another lipgloss… these few months have been the months of comfortable lip products as my lips have been in a terrible state. This nude lip gloss is quite similar to the Covergirl one but slightly more pigmented and more of a peachy-pink. Not sticky but also not super-long lasting… But still, between these two glosses I’ve barely been reaching for much else.

Ulta3 Liquid Matte Lip Colour in Fuchsia* – Ok, now I’m surely just repeating myself. But when I’ve been going for the bold lip, this has been a big contender. I’ve been so into fuchsia lately and this one is the perfect comfortable-wearing option with a matte finish.






What are some of your favourites of May?


Nikoleta Lj, xoxo.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

13 comments