Mac

MAC Ruby Woo Lipstick Review

By Nikoleta Ljuljdjuraj - 12:56 PM



Hello my lovelies,

Hope you are having a great day and weekend too! I’m very busy with my exams lately. I made it to write another review and that is my favourite red lipstick from Mac.

I have always been drawn to reds when it comes to lipsticks but since I was always a shy lipstick wearer I hardly ever dared wearing red and when I did, it didn't look all that great. After spending time over blogging, I have learned how lipsticks work, yet I got Ruby Woo pretty much on a whim. I wasn't sure if I would really like it or reach out for it all that much, but this is such a popular shade from MAC that I had to get it.
Ruby Woo by MAC is a deep but at the same time bright, blue-toned red. I don't think it even requires a description, it is what true red is. Since it has blue undertones it makes teeth look whiter and this is such a universal shade that it would suit most of the skin tones. Ruby Woo has Retromatte finish, which makes it an extreme matte lipstick. Now I am not sure why but as per my experience I don't find most lip products even half as drying as people rant! Perhaps, my lips aren't as dry but if you exfoliate your lips regularly and apply lip balm while doing the rest of your makeup, then blot it out before applying this lipstick, it won't give you too much of a hard time even if it doesn't glide on like butter. The pigmentation is great and the wear time of this lipstick is amazing. Once it's on, it doesn't budge! I won't say that it is 100% transfer-proof, but it is surely more than 90% transfer-proof. As for the scent, it is same vanilla-y as rest of MAC lipsticks, which isn't over-powering at all.
For me Ruby Woo literally it symbolizes being in love. For the first time in forever, I found my perfect shade of red. I love wearing this lipstick to full opacity, it is such a confidence booster and I have been reaching out for it surprisingly often. It is a must-have and I am so obsessed that I need a lifetime supply!



Have you tried this lipstick from Mac? What is your favourite red lipstick?




Nikoleta Lj, xoxo.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

14 comments