Rimmel Provocalips - Play With Fire Review

By Nikoleta Ljuljdjuraj - 11:03 AM






Hey my lovelies,

I hope you are having a great day. I wanted to do a full review of the Rimmel Provocalips/ Play With Fire, because I absolutely love this lipstick, it just amazing. Everyone who is struggling to find a lipstick long lasting this one is definitely this is the perfect one.

When Rimmel released their now famous 'Apocalips' lip lacquers, I was more than a little bit excited. After seeing all the hype surrounding them, I just couldn't resist buying a handful of them when they were released. With this being said, I was very excited to hear about Rimmel's latest lip offering 'Provocalips' - another range of liquid lipsticks that claim to be kiss proof, transfer proof and fool proof. Yep, big claims from Rimmel so I was excited to see if they lived up to them. Lets face it, who doesn't love a long lasting lip product? Its always a pain having to re-apply lipstick every time food and drink passes my lips so I was welcoming this transfer proof product with open arms.

As I mentioned, much like the Apocalips, Provocalips are a liquid lipstick that are applied directly to the lips with a doe foot applicator. However, unlike Apocalips, they're a double-ended product and as well as the liquid lipstick, they also come with a lock and shine topcoat to seal the colour and ensure it lasts all day. I have to be honest when I say I'm not blown away by the packaging as I do find the lip print slightly cheap looking but other than that, I really like the two step colour and seal concept as its different to any other lip products in my collection.
Play With Fire is a lovely dark red, but both of these shades need a little bit of layering to get an opaque finish.
The liquid itself is fairly running to apply and can get a little messy but with a steady hand, I managed to apply it without looking like a clown and was amazed at just how pigmented the colour is. A couple of minutes after application the liquid dries and begins to feel a little drying but that's to be expected with any kind of liquid / long-lasting formula so I didn't mind too much. However, one thing I would say is that it’s important to exfoliate the lips before using this product because if you don't, they will show up every dry patch. Thankfully, when the topcoat is applied, it gets rid of the dry feeling and also makes the lips slightly glossy, which I love.
My favorite of the three is definitely Play With Fire as its just perfect for this time of year and looks really striking.
My favorite thing about the Provocalips, other than their intense pigmentation, is definitely how long lasting they are. Seriously, when Rimmel said these are transfer proof, they weren't lying. When I first received them, I swatched them on the back of my arm and they just wouldn't budge - even after I scrubbed my arm in the shower. These are the only lip products I've ever used that have lasted all day or all night without the need for a touch up, even after eating and drinking.  Amazing!

Overall, these are a fabulous product and I'd recommend giving them a try if you like a bold lip, but struggle to find lipsticks that are long lasting. Seriously worth a try!





Have you tried the Rimmel Provocalips? Are you a fan?

Nikoleta Lj, xoxo.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

19 comments