5 Things I Love About New York City

By Nikoleta Ljuljdjuraj - 7:05 PM


There’s something refreshing and inspiring about being away from home and around different cultures, people, and energy. Luckily, I moved to NYC recently, and it really is one of my favorite places on Earth. It’s not for everyone, but for me and millions of others, it can’t be beaten. Which is why so many people live here and visit – it’s almost magnetic.
In case you’re thinking about taking a trip to or want to read my personal thoughts on New York, here are 5 of my favorite things about NYC:

1. ENERGY 


New York doesn’t sleep that is true, and that’s just one part that makes up this city unique. There are thousands of restaurants, bars, shops, and most places are open late, so it really is the city that never sleeps. Between the hustle and bustle of the streets, to the people running through the park, it’s a very lively, energizing city. People work hard and play harder. It’s hard to feel unmotivated or down when you’re there – at least when it’s not freezing out. Now the time is getting colder, but still, when you walk into the city you get that spirit, that you just want to continue and do more, every single day. 

2. STYLE 



Of course, if not NY that who else! It hosts Fashion Week twice a year and is one of the fashion capitals of the world. From the endless shopping to the street style, NYC is crazy stylish. I could sit on a stoop and watch people or shop all day long with my sister. There’s a big variety of shops. You can find every type of store and fashion in the world, all at different price points. Personally, I love to shop at Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom, Lord & Taylor, and of course ZARA. NYC always wants me to be more fashionable and pushes me outside my boundaries. Inspiration overload – and everyone and everything is effortlessly cool. 

3. PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES


Out of all the cities in the world, I think New York is the skyline I enjoy the most. Not only is the scenery in NYC great for creating content, but I enjoy photography in general, so I appreciate it for a lot of reasons. The parks against huge buildings, the brownstones, and tree-lined streets, downtown against the river, everywhere you look is photogenic.

4. FOOD



You can’t talk about New York without mentioning the food. As long as you don’t fall into the tourist traps, you can have some of the best food of your life. Every cuisine imaginable and every vibe. From fancy food to street vendors, you don’t go hungry in NYC. A few places I visited are  TwoHands, Sadelle's, and by CHLOE. Their food is delicious, but not only that but is great to take pictures for your content. 

5. DIVERSITY 


This probably adds to most of the things on this list – the energy, the food, the style – but the city is extremely diverse. You’ll meet people from ALL over the world – which is insane. Since it’s closer to Europe and such a melting pot, it’s amazing hearing different languages wherever you turn, learning about different cultures, and being immersed in diversity. It’s very refreshing. 




What do you love about NYC? Let me know in the comments below!

Nikoleta Lj, xoxo. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love this post ! I would love to visit New York ! xx

    www.estilo-bylea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's a must definitely.

      Nikoleta Lj, xoxo.

      Delete